Friday, February 13, 2009

Podcasts from the Fall

For our assignment this week we were told to listen to some students podcasts from last semester and to listen and critique them.
The first podcast I listened to was by Kelsey Volz and Crystal Powell. They had a discussion about the Last Lecture of Randy Pausch. They did a great job a summarizing the lecture and Randy. They also explain different types of strategies the he used to teach and explained how they can be so affective in the classroom. One thing I will try to do differently in my podcasts is to be extremely prepared in what I am going to say. I know sometimes when talking about things you can get confused and get words jumbled up and I've always tried not to let that happen when i'm making a speech or anything like that.

The next podcast I listened to was by Joel Graham, Noelle Shipman and Kimberly Kelly. Their topic of discussion was youtube for educational purposes. What I liked about this was how they talked about all the different things you could learn from youtube instead of just using it for entertainment. They also explain how it can be beneficial to put things like lectures and projects for your class on there. Another good thing that they did was discuss the fact that while youtube can be an effective tool it does have some inapropriate things that people can put on there and kids may sometimes accidentally run into them so parents may need to pay attention to what their kids are trying to get on to. Overall I thought this was a very organized podcast and I guess the only thing I can say is my goal on my podcast is to do my best not to get tongue tied even though I know it can be difficult sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment