Sunday, May 3, 2009

What I Have Learned

I honestly did not know what I would be getting into when I got into this class. I thought it was just a regular computer class where we dealt with word and excel and the basics. I had no idea that I would be blogging or twittering or anything of the sort.

I'm going to start by saying that I had no idea how many other ways google could be used. All I ever used it for was searching for things I did not know about. Now I have an IGoogle account and I love google documents. Having an Igoogle page and being able to pick what I want updates on and what topics I want to get updated on. As far as using them for education, I may not have my children use it seeing as I will be teaching special education but I will surely be using it for myself as far as using it to keep organized and stay updated on different learning tools.

Another tool I like and had NO idea about was the education podcasts that many universities put up with their lectures in it. Even if you do not go to the school you can pull them up and find different learning techniques as far as studying and different subjects go. The best part is that it is free, and we all know how broke college students are so it could be one of the most effective tools to use. I will definitely use this to learn new things about special education and different teaching tools and techniques. I believe it to be one of the most valuable resources both teachers and students alike have access to.

I also found blogging a very great tool for teaching and learning alike. It is a good way to keep people updated on things(including parents) and being able to share your ideas with people all over the world. I never thought I would ever blog and now I find it a very powerful tool.

The only thing I can say that I did not like was Twitter. I know it is becoming very popular in our world today but I really did not find it a good teaching or learning tool. There is not really all that much you can do with it besides put a few words up about how you feel about a few things.

As far as what I wanted to learn I did not really know what to expect so I can honestly say that I learned everything I wanted to. It was a great learning experienced and I'm glad that I learned about all these new tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment