Thursday, April 30, 2009

Twitter

I can honestly say I NEVER would have even attempted getting a twitter account if it was not for this class. At the very beginning I did not understand twitter or it's uses. I did not really go to too many outside sources I just really spent a lot of time exploring Twitter on my own. I found other people to be "followers" of, even ones that had to do with education. The difference between Twitter and say facebook or myspace is that twitter is much simpler. It is easier for adults to get involved and be able to keep in touch and discuss things over the internet. I followed as manyt people as I could find. I messaged a few on my own and regularly followed other people's tweets.
The only way I can truly see twitter as beeing beneficial to the classroom is the fact that teachers could keep in contact with parents in a very quick and easy manner. They could get updates from their teachers through Twitter so that if a child does not remember to tell their parents something, they can just look it up on twitter. Otherwise I really find it too easy to find people and it does not seem like the safest place for children to be. Yes the parents can control and watch what their children are doing, but I just find it too easy for others to find them so quickly. I'm not sure if I will keep using Twitter mainly because I have so many other things that I'm doing and I really do not feel like it has caught on with the people I spend most of my time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment