Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blogs in the Classroom

I had heard of blogging many times before through commercials and conversations that other people have had. I can honestly say though that making any attempt to blog or get into the blogging world never crossed my mind until this class. I always thought that it was weird and it did not make any sense to me.

Since i have been in Dr.Strange's class, I have come to learn so much about the blogging world. It is such an easy way for people to be able to communicate online and express their opinions on different topics. you can collaborate with anyone you want and find people all over the world who share the same or opposing ideas as you.

As far as using it in a classroom I think it can be a good idea. You can get your students involved with technology seeing as it is becoming so much more prominant in our world today. You can also use it to discuss topics with other students and teachers everywhere so you can see how others are learning too. You can also possibly pick up different learning techniques from other people.

The only thing that I would have to say makes me wary is the fact that anyone can access the blogs. Parents would have to make sure that they know what their students are getting into. I would also recommend a little monitoring just to confirm that there are no creepy people trying to talk to their kids. Otherwise I think this is a very effective tool to use in the classroom!

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of ways to set limits on access if you want. Go to Settings then Permissions.

    ReplyDelete